- The half-cent sales tax for the Indian River Lagoon passed. The tax rate will be a total of 7% effective on Jan 1 2017. That is actually 6% State sales tax plus 1% County surtax. If you need any help setting that up in QuickBooks, please let me know. In QuickBooks it needs to be set up as two separate taxes and combined.
- The Florida Minimum wage is increasing from $8.05 to $8.10 on Jan 1st 2017.
- I expect you will begin receiving your new Florida Unemployment rate notices (Form RT-1) within the next few weeks. When you receive them, please shoot a copy to me for my records asap so I can make the changes.
- The DOL's - Department of Labor's - new FLSA regulations go into effect December 1 2016. In case you aren't familiar with this or need to discuss it, please let me know. The link to the page on their website with more information is: https://www.dol.gov/WHD/overtime/final2016/
- The new W2 and 1099 deadlines are still in effect for this year, so please be sure to gather and confirm all of the information needed to process them without any delays. It is a good time to have your employees confirm their information is correct and current, and to review for 1099's and gather any W-9's you may be missing. Before people disappear for the Holidays is best.
I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!